Frequently Asked Questions
Division 15 - Administrative Hearing Commission
Yes. Parties who would like to use telepresence or videoconferencing at the hearing must make a request at the earliest possible opportunity before the hearing date. The availability of the equipment will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Requests can be directed to 573-522-5036.
In St. Louis, telepresence is located at the Wainwright State Office Building, 111 North 7th Street, Room 923, St. Louis, Mo. You must report to Room 111 of the Wainwright Building to obtain an access card.
In Kansas City, telepresence is located at the Fletcher Daniels State Office Building, 615 E. 13th Street, Room 503, Kansas City, Mo.
In Springfield, telepresence is located at the Landers State Office Building, 149 Park Central Square, Room 816, Springfield, Mo.
In Poplar Bluff, telepresence is located at the Poplar Bluff Regional Center, 2351 Kanell Boulevard, Room 160, Poplar Bluff, Mo.
- Be prepared to present your side of your case including asking witnesses questions.
- Bring everything you need to the hearing, including copies of the papers you have sent or received. If you want a document to be considered by the AHC, you must bring a copy for yourself, for the other party, for the witness and for the AHC.
- Do not miss your hearing date. Doing so can result in you losing your case.
- Come early to find parking and the courtroom. When you arrive inside the building, call 573-751-2422 to obtain access to the elevator that will take you to the 3d floor for your hearing.
- Dress and act respectfully to everyone.
- Speak loudly and clearly. Only one person can speak at a time.
- Stop if you hear “Objection,” until the Commissioner asks you to continue.
- Do not bring young children to the hearing unless asked to do so.
- Do not eat food or chew gum.
- Do not keep your cell phone turned on.
- Once the case starts, do not leave the courtroom unless excused. If you need a break, ask the Commissioner for a recess or break.
The following technology is available for use in our Jefferson City hearing rooms:
- Projection Screen
- VCR/DVD player
- Large TV Monitor for Laptop Connection with HDMI and/or VGA
- Barco ClickShare* for sharing exhibits via telepresence and on the monitor in the hearing room - If you would like to use any of the listed technologies, please call the AHC at 573-751-2422 to make a request. You must make your request prior to your hearing.
Parties who would like to use telepresence or video conferencing for hearings must make a request at the earliest possible opportunity prior to the hearing date. The availability of the equipment will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Requests can be directed to 573-522-5036.
AHC decisions are available through the Case Search portal, from the AHC’s office, at several law schools in the State and online through Westlaw and Lexis.
Decisions from October 5, 1999 through April 30, 2015 are available on the AHC’s website under Archived Search, Archived Decisions. At this location you can search for a decision by Case Number, Suffix, Date (or Date Range) or Title.